Saturday, August 27, 2005

Collecting is an addiction

My husband and I started to collect pottery almost ten years ago. I blame it all on my parents: they have booths in several antique malls, and they are the ones who really got us hooked. We collected so much that we ended up with a booth in an antique mall for awhile too, but we quit when they began to "encourage" the dealers to "volunteer" at the mall or else pay more rent.

We still have trouble passing up a good deal on pieces that we know are worth something, but have forced ourselves into at least a little more discipline than we used to have. That, and it's getting really hard to find pieces I don't already have. My pottery animal collection was well over 500 at last count!

I have a few pieces of my collection posted at my Web site, www.thejunkymonkey.com. I hope to eventually get more photos online but it's been hard to find the time. Due to all the spam I get at the email address posted on the site, I'd like to eventually move away from having it posted at all. Although I haven't had a lot of time to do anything new on the site, I do still get the occasional email from people looking to identify some pottery they found, and if it's something I know about I'm always happy for the challenge.

No comments: